Here in Australia we have a fairly open style of living. And we like it that way. But there are times when a little bit of privacy is essential. Fencing not only gives you privacy, acts as a windbreak and softens sound but it also gives your home a frame, tying it all together beautifully. It also keeps your children and pets safe, keeping them in your own garden and preventing them from straying into the street and getting lost, or worse.
What Are My Fencing Options?
That depends entirely on where the fence is going to go.
- Glass Pool Fencing: If you’ve got a beautiful pool and entertaining area you need to section off the pool so that kids don’t fall in and drown – and let’s face it, it can happen in the blink of an eye. But you also don’t want to hide the pool either. That’s where you want glass pool fencing. If however your landscape needs something more in tune with nature then brush fencing might be your answer.
- Timber fencing: A number of species of timber make excellent fencing. Ones that are weather and insect resistant as well as low maintenance.
- Brush Fencing: Brushwood panels are designed as a long term option. They are versatile, low maintenance, great at noise reduction and because of their high salt content are impervious to the threat of white ants. They won’t rot or crack, even under our harsh climate. Their natural tones and rustic texture helps them blend in well in any environment.
- Cypress Fencing: This softwood is resistant to white ants, termites and decay. It’s light yellow tone and scattered dark brown knots make it a great choice for feature fences.
- Merbau Fences: Versatile, durable, termite and decay resistant this naturally oily wood seasons well. It looks great in any environment. It’s an excellent choice for a featured timber fence or a privacy screen. It suits any style of architecture, which is why it’s so popular on the Mornington Peninsula.
- Paling fencing: Picket and paling fences are the same thing. Depending on the material you choose we can build paling fences to over 2 metres. And you can have them white if you’d like.
- Mesh fencing: Chainmesh or Cylone wire comes in a variety of styles and is either galvanised or PVC coated. It’s a great fencing option for long stretches where farm animals need to be contained or to surround commercial properties in industrial areas as security fencing.
- Aluminium fencing: Highly durable and versatile, aluminium is a stylish, all-purpose fencing solution for the home commercial requirements. It’s a relatively low maintenance fence that won’t rust.
- Security fencing: Richard Robertson Landscapes can provide all your security perimeter fencing solutions, designed to intimidate and permanently dissuade potential threats.
Richard Robertson is licenced with the Victorian Building Authority for structural landscaping, a member of the Professional Industry body ‘Landscaping Victoria’, a Master Builder’s Master Tradesman. He’s your professional and creative one stop landscape design and landscape construction company on the Mornington Peninsula.
If you live on the Mornington Peninsula and you’re looking for a fencing specialist – call us on 0419594214.
Landscapes for living!